Family and Student Support Worker
Our Family and Student Support Worker is Lyndsay McMenzie.
My name is Lyndsay McMenzie and I am the Family and Student Support Worker (FSSW) at Kingston Park Primary School.
My role in school is to provide support, advice and information to families. I can help you with any worries you may have in relation to your child’s education, behaviour and wellbeing. I am also here as just someone to talk to!
I can meet with families at home or school. I am available during school holiday periods as well. All support is confidential and impartial. I may not have all the answers, but hopefully I can help you work out how to find them!
The support I can offer is very flexible and may vary depending on what you may need as a family but it could include:
- One to one work with young people around issues such as self-esteem, friendships, bullying and family breakdown.
- Advice on improving behaviour at home and school.
- Linking with school to voice any concerns you may have about your child including attending school meetings with you.
- Signposting and help to access to services in Newcastle such as holiday and after school activities.
- Working with other agencies and acting as an advocate for you or helping to co-ordinate services.
- Support filling in forms e.g. benefits/housing/SEN.
- Help with career and personal development and access to training and workshops.
Why might you need support?
"I need someone to talk to other than family and friends"
"I'm finding my child's behaviour difficult to manage"
"I'm worried about my child moving from primary to secondary school"
"I would like ideas on how to encourage my child to do their homework without an argument!"
You can contact through the school office.