PE and Sport Premium
Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
Following the 2012 Olympics, the Government provided extra funding for Primary Schools. The purpose of the extra funding is to improve outcomes for all students in physical well-being, PE and sports activities. Schools should see improvement across 5 key indicators:
- The engagement of all children in regular physical activity - 30 minutes should be within school time.
- Raising the profile of Sport and PE as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased knowledge, skills and confidence of all staff teaching PE and Sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
The money allocated to schools can be spent as follows:
- Hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons.
- Support and involve the least active children by running after school sports clubs and holiday clubs, e.g. the Change4life clubs.
- Provide resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers.
- Run sport competitions to increase pupils' participation in the School Games.
- Run sports activities with other schools.
At Kingston Park we believe in helping all children access a range of opportunities to engage in sporting activities and to develop their love or sport and physical activity regardless of their sporting abilities. Supporting the 5 key indicators outlined above, we are using the funding to:
- Provide all children with a wider range of sporting opportunities both inside and outside of school hours.
- Promote an active lifestyle for all our children.
- Promote sport in school and inspire children to want to engage in sporting activity in their own lives.
- Developing staff knowledge and skills for delivering PE and sports in school.
- Providing children with a broad and wide ranging curriculum
- Providing children with a range of after school sporting activities to help encourage bigger numbers to partake in sports
- Develop talents and provide children with opportunities to take part in competitive sport.
To find out about how we have used our PE and Sports Premium funding please read the document below.
Current PE Provision
We currently provide provision to children with dedicated weekly Sport & P.E. activities. We also take part in lots of outdoor and adventurous activities, across all Key stages.
Children have the opportunity to partake in regular lunchtime and after school activities and we regularly sign up to sporting initiatives; such as the Newcastle School Games, as well as working closely with our trust to provide children with as many opportunities as possible to take part in competitive events.
We work with external organisations, such as the Newcastle United Foundation, to educate our pupils on healthy living and taking small steps towards a more active lifestyle. We are also proud of our thriving school sport teams, who regularly take part in competitive fixtures. We offer opportunities to represent the school in Football, Basketball, Netball and Rugby; as well as Athletics and Swimming.
We have just been Awarded Sainsbury’s School Games Gold Award which we are very proud of.
Future PE Provision
We are continuing to increase our Sport & P.E. provision to help all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of, as well as provide more after school clubs. We are developing the curriculum and the breadth of sporting teams competing in inter-school competitions. We hope to increase our links within the local community through joint working initiatives and forge new partnerships with local sporting clubs, with the same level of success that we have achieved working with Cramlington Rockets Rugby Club for example.