'No Outsiders' Initiative
Kingston Park Primary School is proud to be one of only twelve schools in Tyne and Wear to be invited to take part in the 'No Outsiders' initiative. This programme, created and developed by Andrew Moffat, seeks to deliver a curriculum linked to the Equality Act 2010, which enables children to understand the benefits of a diverse society that is celebrated and prepares them for modern Britain. At present, the message that young people are receiving today through social media is - the World is not a good place!
Through a progressive range of 35 picture books, all children from Nursery up to Year 6 will be taught about diversity. This will include all elements of The Equality Act - race; religion; gender; age; disabilities; sexual orientation; marriage/civil partnership and pregnancy/maternity.
The benefits to our pupils will include:
- Increased self-esteem from a feeling of belonging;
- Resilience from knowing who they are;
- Preparation for life in modern Britain;
- Reduce potential for radicalisation;
- Whole school approach with difference and diversity celebrated throughout the school.